Our Location & History
Kerwin Baptist Church
Kerwin Baptist Church was first organized in 1941 as a result of a tent revival. Kerwin received its name from being located half way between Kernersville and Winston Salem, thus "Kerwin." Construction began on the first building with the estimated cost of $3,000.00, and the building was completed in March of 1942. The church was relocated to its present property in 1961 on Highway 66 (Old Hollow Rd.) between Talley's Crossing and Walkertown.
Dr. Joe W. Myers has been pastor of Kerwin since March 1 of 1962. Since that time, the church has grown from 33 members to over 900 in attendance with high days of over 1500. Pastor Myers attended Piedmont Bible College and served three years in Mission Work at the Woodland Baptist Rescue Mission, now known as the Winston Salem Rescue Mission.
Since 1962, the following programs and ministries have been initiated under the leadership of Pastor Myers:
* A Missions Program with over 25 missionary families serving in various locations around the world * An extensive Bus Ministry with bus routes operating in a 35 mile radius of the church and bringing many souls to Sunday School and church each week
* A Radio and Television Ministry with weekly broadcasts and telecasts
* An Audio and Video Ministry available of each service and mailed to many individuals each week
* A Children's Church each Sunday with Children's Church (ages 3-5) and Junior Church (ages 6-11)
* Sunday School for all ages * An active Youth Ministry
* An area-wide Visitation Outreach
Kerwin Baptist Church has chosen, in a time of change, to stay with the "Old Paths." We use only the 1611 King James version of the Bible in every service, and in every function of the church. We pray that God will bless each service with music and messages that touch the heart and minister to the people who attend. Even though the building is filled almost every service, it has a "little church" atmosphere. If you are looking for an OLD FASHIONED, BIBLE BELIEVING, BIBLE PREACHING, LOCAL CHURCH WITH A WARM AND FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE, we invite you to visit with us.
View Larger Map